Tackling snow days...again!

Feb 12, 2019

Hi all,

As I've mentioned before, we're avid wrestling fans. Last night we were able to attend Monday night RAW. Noah had a blast. He couldn't contain his excitement, and neither could we. The energy during a live event is unlike any other. Noah left with a kids size replica belt, while Devon went with the adult replica. As I said...we are big wrestling fans. We got home pretty late last night and for the first time in a long time, I not so secretly wished that Noah would have a snow day the next day. Well, mother nature listened, and here we are with another snow day! Noah thinks that this is his 90th snow day. I mean, I get where he's coming from since this year has seen a record amount of snow days. What a way for him to start his school career. 



Since we were all going to be stuck at home today, I figured that we would have something fun for breakfast. The challenger was my family's hungry bellies, but have no fear! Entering into the ring, the local town hero, mom! I had an idea that I have wanted to try. Cereal covered french toast. Now before you call me crazy, you guys seriously have to try it. I would suggest using any kind of cereal you have on hand. I went with the chocolate toast crunch. I wanted to pick a cereal that the kids would eat on a different day so as not to waste any. This recipe could work well with any cereal though.




I started by turning on my electric griddle. If you do not own one, add it to your wish list. I'm all for creating fewer dishes in the kitchen. I've never been fond of doing dishes, and when we were building our home my one requirement was that we have a dishwasher. The electric griddle has helped me throughout the years in cooking meals for a larger crowd. Breakfast is my favorite meal to cook in the griddle. Whether it be for pancakes or french toast, it's so easy to pull it together. 




Let's start by whisking our eggs. Now if you chose a cereal that is not too sweet, I would recommend adding a teaspoon of sugar and cinnamon to the eggs. Since I picked a chocolate/cinnamon cereal, I merely whisked my eggs. Next, you will take your bread and dip both sides into the egg mixture.

*Shout out to Deboer Bakery for providing such fresh and delicious bread! They also have donuts that are to die for; if you're in Holland go check them out!*

Anyhow, take your soaked bread and place it on top of the cereal. I didn't overly coat the bottom side, but I made sure the top had plenty of cereal. You will then carefully place it on the griddle and cook for about five minutes on each side; this will create a nice crunchy texture. On the other side of the griddle I placed my maple sausage. My family will only take maple sausage for breakfast. You could put bacon, ham, or any other item on the griddle while you wait for your toast to cook. 

Once it has cooked try not to eat it just yet. Here comes the fun part. Add as many or as little toppings as you'd like! I chose bananas and strawberries. You could do powdered sugar, blueberries, chocolate chips, maple syrup, or even chocolate syrup and whipped cream. Let your imagination run wild. Your kids will be so excited to be having a "dessert" for breakfast. And you, well you can consider yourself the champ!


With love,

Carolina


Join the conversation!

Latest Instagrams

© Food Wright Away. Design by FCD.