Chicken that basically cooks itself

Oct 8, 2019


Hi all,

I wanted to create a post on my go-to whole chicken recipe, especially now that we're coming into fall. This post will be short and sweet, and I hope that it provides all of you with a go-to way of making chicken. I love to use this recipe to serve straight from the crockpot, in tacos, casseroles, soups, you name it.

What you need:
One whole chicken
One lemon
Six cloves of garlic
One tablespoon of salt
One tablespoon of pepper
Two cups of chicken stock

Set your crockpot to high, and pour in your chicken stock. Cut your lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the pot. Toss the lemon in as well. Next, add your garlic cloves. Place your whole chicken on top of the garlic cloves and sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook for four hours on high; or six to seven hours on low depending on the time you have available. Try this out on Sunday night to get a head start on your lunches for the week. Let me know what you all create with this chicken! I love that its so easy and yields a juicy chicken.



With love,
Carolina

Join the conversation!

Latest Instagrams

© Food Wright Away. Design by FCD.