Monday, we meet again

Sep 30, 2019


Hi all,

Many people dislike Monday's. While I don't love Monday's, I also don't mind them. Something about feeling like you can start the week over and that the possibilities are endless, gets me through Monday. Some would choose to have Monday's off; I'd rather have Wednesday's off. It breaks up your week and somehow makes you feel so productive. Now whether I use that time to be productive or not, is another story. I do miss having Wednesday's off. Anyhow, I wanted to present you guys with a recipe you could whip up in 20 minutes, and it would brighten up your week.

Noah loves this recipe. When I tell him it's chicken and noodles I'm not even lying this time! You could substitute the ground chicken for grilled chicken, shrimp, tofu, or do veggies and noodles. This recipe yields leftovers, yay for packed lunch!

Penny would prefer this recipe to have rice instead of noodles. Get creative and use whatever you have on hand or what your family prefers. Use this meal as an opportunity to eat the veggies that have been sitting in the fridge. You know, the ones where you were a superhero who was ready to conquer meal planning only to get home and grab fast food. No...Just me? I'm working on that, I swear.

What you will need:
One tablespoon of grated ginger
One garlic clove, finely chopped
Two tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
Two tablespoons of sesame seed oil
Three mini peppers thinly sliced
Two large carrots diced into small pieces
One broccoli floret, stem removed
One pound of ground chicken
One package of angel hair pasta
Salt and pepper
One tablespoon of cooking oil

I was very excited when I was wandering the aisles at Aldi and found this large Wok for less than $10! I try and use it for large one-pot meals. In your large sauté pan (or Wok) on medium-high heat, cook your ground chicken thoroughly with one tablespoon of oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. While chicken is cooking, bring a large pot of water to boil. Chop your carrots, peppers, broccoli, garlic, and ginger. Toss in your garlic and ginger, cook for two minutes. Next toss in your vegetables. While that is cooking your water should be boiling, toss in your angel hair pasta and cook for four to five minutes. Continue to cook your chicken and vegetables until you reach the desired consistency on your vegetables. I like them to have a little crunch, so I sauté for another eight minutes. Drain your pasta, saving a 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Next, in your Wok toss in the sesame oil and soy sauce and turn your heat to high.

Add your pasta and pasta water, and stir for another minute or two, letting the flavors incorporate into each other. Now beg and plead with your picky children that broccoli isn't the worst food on earth. Maybe bribe with ice cream if they would just take one simple tiny bite for Pete's sake! Of course, I'm not talking about my kids, (as I cautiously look around the room). Ha, you're not alone. Some days my kids will eat us out of a house; other days they will protest and not eat what is for dinner. Right, that's really going to teach me a lesson (as I reach for seconds).

With love,
Carolina

Join the conversation!

Latest Instagrams

© Food Wright Away. Design by FCD.