Home is wherever I’m with you..and also my workplace now

Jan 6, 2021




Happy new year! At least, I hope it will be a happy one. Fingers crossed, right? As I start the year off as a mom of three, I am finding that my arms are pulled in different directions. I am outnumbered, which is awesome...


This year I’d like to approach food in a more family-style way—thoughts, ideas, suggestions, randomness that crosses my mind. With baking, measurements are crucial. I love baking but find my cooking methods are more on the “touch of this, a handful of that, a sprinkle of this.” They borderline Chopped. Me taking a look in the fridge and telling myself, “ what can I make with what I have?”


Exhibit A. 

Breakfast bowls are what I cling to when I need a break from the usual just eggs and meat. 


Start with your base. I chose hash browns, but I’ve also loved doing riced cauliflower or even real rice.


Next is your veggies. I try to sauté the veggies so that they soften but still have a crunch to them. Carrots and broccoli are my go-to!


Meat. We are carnivores; there is no hiding that. I like a nice polish sausage or crunchy bacon. The kids lean more towards the maple sausage. 


Eggs. Oh, how I adore over-easy eggs. There’s something about breaking the yolk and spooning it over every item in your bowl; it just gets me every time. Of course, you could do scrambled eggs, poached, or even hard-boiled.


Lastly, the part my kids would say is the best, cheese. For bowls, I tend to lean towards queso fresco or Parmesan. 


Simple and a great way to use the ingredients that are sitting in the fridge. 


With love,

Carolina

Join the conversation!

Latest Instagrams

© Food Wright Away. Design by FCD.