Oh holland, hold me close!

Jul 5, 2020


Hi all,

Momma is back! Twenty-seven weeks pregnant, tired, hungry, and emotional. So basically, the usual plus a bun in the oven. The last few months have been challenging, and we’ve been trying to adjust to a new “normal.” Last year we had dreams about what 2020 would bring—plenty of vacations and just trying to enjoy every day. While vacations were put on indefinite hold for the Wrights, I’m still determined to explore local with the kids while social distancing. I’m going to focus this summer on places that I would consider day trips and all the yummy food spots around us. We may not be dining in, but we have still been enjoying takeout food.


Downtown Holland has been blooming into such a beautiful place with many different shops opening up. One of the places that joined the downtown area during this difficult time is Market Zero. I had been looking for an opportunity to visit and see all they have to offer. During a quick lunch run in hopes of getting cupcakes (baby has been giving me cupcakes and cake cravings for some time now), I figured it would be a good time to swing by and grab my lunch.

Upon entering, I found myself nostalgic about our trips up north. The friendly welcoming staff, the alluring smells, the shelves filled with locally produced goods, wines, and cherry-infused foods made me long to fill a picnic basket and venture out to sleeping bear dunes or sit on the dock and watch the boats pass by in Traverse City.



I opted for the BBQ chicken toasted sandwich. The crunchiness from the pineapple coleslaw paired with the zing from the chili mayo was intriguing and delightful. As my hands became covered with the dripping of the sauce, I couldn’t help but try and gather each little drop back into my sourdough bread. Of course, I chose to pair my sandwich with one of my favorite chips. I’m a big sweets person, and I don’t often grab chips when given the option. Usually, I choose a cookie, but I could not pass up the Cherry BBQ chips. They are heaven. While the menu is small, they offer a variety of sandwiches that are sure not to disappoint. One thing that stood out to me was the warm and friendly demeanor of the employees. They are very willing to help guide you at making a selection! I was offered a delectable sample of maple salmon. I was in love with both the salmon and market zero! I encourage you guys to virtually transport yourselves to that “up north summer feeling” and visit Market Zero if you find yourselves either visiting Holland or if you’re a native searching for more in our growing town.

 As always, I’m open to suggestions at places to try! You say food, and I will show up! Sending so much love and hugs to all of you!

 

With love,

Carolina

Join the conversation!

Latest Instagrams

© Food Wright Away. Design by FCD.