The breakfast club

Aug 13, 2019




Hi all,

Breakfast is supposed to be the most important meal of the day. It's easy to get busy and want to either go through the drive-thru or grab something that isn't going to hold off your hunger until lunch. I find that my peeps at home can be pretty picky. To not make multiple meals each morning to suit everyone's likes, I decided that I'd provide them with options but in a way that wouldn't take up all morning to cook. This week I hope that I can give you guys different ideas for breakfast so that you can head out the door ready to conquer the world! 

Some of this can be made the night before to cut your time even shorter in the morning. Also, feel free to customize this based on your family's preference. 

What you will need:

Fruit-I chose strawberries, melon, and grapes

Protein- again to cut time in half, I chose scrambled eggs. You could do boiled, over easy, poached, whatever your heart desires. Eggs typically cook pretty quickly so you could also do a variety of styles. I added cooked ham as well.

Sweet- mostly because I live in a house full of people with a sweet tooth. If you're opting for something healthier, you could skip this section as the fruit will provide you with sugar. I am in love with the Martha White blueberry muffin mix packet. They only require you add 1/2 cup of milk and then you can pop them in the oven! To make it seem extra decadent, I made them in my donut baking pan.

In the middle, I place my proteins. I then try to surround the board with the fruits and lastly add the sweets. Since Devon and Noah tend to add their ingredients together and make them into a taco or sandwich, you'll find that I added some store-bought croissants to the board as well. I liked the idea of doing a breakfast board because you could place it on the counter, and your family can grab a small container and throw in the items of their choosing. It also makes for a beautiful plate to sit around and discuss the plans you all have for the day. Grazing boards at my house are gold mines; therefore, I use them to my advantage when  I want to get everyone's attention. The hardest part is trying to put everything on the board without your toddler coming by and sneaking items. Penny is notorious for smelling strawberries a mile away. They are usually the last thing I pull out of the fridge. She's now tall enough to open the refrigerator door and peer inside the shelves. That means this momma has to push the strawberries to the back if I'm saving them. Although, she has also learned that if she gets Noah's help, he's more than happy to pull them out of the fridge on the condition that she shares with him.  

A breakfast board is an excellent idea if you're having guests who spend the night and need to whip something up for a crowd. Let me know if you try it out and what your go-to options are for your board!

With love,
Carolina

Join the conversation!

Latest Instagrams

© Food Wright Away. Design by FCD.