Popcorn and eggs, of course!

Jul 8, 2019



Hi all,

If you’re interested in another spot to take the family, I have a suggestion. Last month downtown Holland received a new addition to 8th street! Sperry's Movie House. Now, this isn’t your average theater. They host a variety of theater rooms with expanded seats and even a room with a play area for kids.

I would recommend taking the kids to see a movie on Saturday morning. Tickets are only $6, and the food menu has a breakfast option! I was very excited to get the kids up in the morning and head to the theater to watch The Secret Life of Pets 2. Since penny is only 3, sometimes it can be hit or miss if she’s going to sit still and watch the movie. Her attention span isn’t that great at this point. Going to a theater that has large seats and open aisles lets me sigh in relief knowing that when penny gets up for the third time to ask me if I’m watching the movie, she’s not hitting the people in front of us.




I chose the vegetable hash with a fried egg on top while the kids went with the Toy Story 4 themed child package. It came w a collectible toy story cup, popcorn, and a fruit snack for $8. (Can you find Bo Peep in the picture above?)The price is around what we would pay at a different theater, and I didn’t feel too bad knowing I saved money on our tickets. We eagerly went to the theater and got comfortable in seats that recline a lot farther back than most and also a button for the heated/massage option. While the credits were still rolling, the theater personnel brought me my meal and some plastic silverware. It was a lovely touch; especially if you have little ones which you usually have to keep occupied while waiting in line for your food. Then the inevitable juggling of all your food back to your seat while your kid tries to pass you off their stuff as well. "I know how hard it is for you to carry your one cup Noah, but mommy has two cups, a purse, two buckets of popcorn, and daddy is taking the drinks and the entire candy selection the theater has to offer."





The movie was quite cute and better than the first. Once we walked out of the theater, we had all day to do any other activity we desired. If given a choice, Penny would opt to go back home and take a nap. I can’t imagine who she gets that from. Make sure to check out Sperry’s if you find yourself downtown and looking for fun!


With love,


Carolina



Join the conversation!

Latest Instagrams

© Food Wright Away. Design by FCD.