Pie for breakfast

Jun 11, 2019




Hi all,

As I’ve mentioned before, growing up, we didn’t have a large variety of foods. I didn’t learn about quiches until I graduated high school! I love all things, bread, buttery, and full of carbs. My pants would nod in agreement. When I discovered the delectable meal that is a quiche, I was in love. It seemed so fancy and a little wild to be eating “pie” for breakfast. There are many varieties to quiches, and you can add just about anything. One of my favorite methods is to make small cupcake sized quiches in a muffin tin and store them in the freezer to have for breakfast all week.
Today I’m going to share a straightforward method by starting with pre-made pie dough. This is an excellent option if you’re going to have company over for breakfast or if you have a busy day and you want to have food prepared beforehand. I like to make this the night before so that in the morning I just have to bring it out and warm up some slices. Noah had 3 servings…that boy just loved it. And I liked that I could sneak spinach into it! I encourage you to try adding different ingredients to get your kids to eat more veggies or even to get your kids to help you out in the kitchen. Since the only technique, you will need to do whisking the eggs and mixing the ingredients; it’s a great way to give the kids the option to help without worrying about messing with the recipe. Sometimes I’ve found myself with four extra helping hands and trying to control the chaos while executing the recipe can make me a little anxious. With this, however, I welcomed them into the kitchen. If you find a spectacular combination of ingredients, feel free to comment below and share it!

What you will need:

One pre-made/ frozen pie crust
Eight eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup of shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
One cup of chopped up fresh or frozen spinach
1/2 cup of diced ham
Six slices of bacon cut into small pieces 
1/2 cup of frozen shredded hash browns 
One tablespoon of garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon of salt and pepper
One tablespoon of dried parsley and a pinch of cayenne 

Preheat oven to 375°. In the meantime, whisk your eggs in a large bowl. Add milk. Add all other ingredients and carefully incorporate them all together. Seriously, guys, that’s about it! Pour into the pie crust and top with shredded cheese. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the middle is set. Enjoy! Now excuse me while I make another one since Noah had this one to himself.




With love,

Carolina 

Join the conversation!

Latest Instagrams

© Food Wright Away. Design by FCD.