Grandma Juanita

May 1, 2019











Hi all,


Today I’m moving away from food to talk about a very special lady. Grandma Juanita (Devon’s grandma). 



She welcomed me into the family with open arms. She was very excited to know I spoke Spanish! For our wedding, we asked if she’d cook the food for us since she was a great cook! Happily, she agreed. A couple of days before our wedding, I sat with her and helped her start prepping the meat we needed. She talked about her marriage, raising kids, and growing up Hispanic. It was so lovely to have that time with her and chat with someone who had many of the same customs that I had growing up. Two big talking points being “family and food are everything” as we chuckled. She offered me many kind words before our wedding reception. I soaked in every kind thought she had. 



Many women hold their wedding dress dearly; packed up and cleaned in a preservation box. I do as well, but I also have one other item. You see, grandma was thrilled to hear we’d be having a wedding reception after all.  She was very eager to buy a hat to go with my dress. I had never thought I’d wear a hat but let me tell you; I wore it proudly that day for grandma. 






Throughout the years she attended various family gatherings including visiting me in the hospital after giving birth. She looked into Noah’s tiny eyes and talked about what the future would hold for him.



She patiently sat down as Penny would try to form the words to explain something to here and she would watch as Penny would twirl and sing. She always had the best hugs. When you think of those that radiate love from every pore in their body, you can’t help but think of grandma. 






While she may have left this world, she will continue to hold a special place in our hearts. 





With love,

Carolina 

Join the conversation!

Latest Instagrams

© Food Wright Away. Design by FCD.