Winter in the mitten state

Jan 20, 2019

Hi all!

My name is Carolina, and I was born and raised in good old Michigan. I work full time; I'm a wife, and mom of two crazy, loud, and free-spirited kids. My five-year-old son, Noah and my two-year-old daughter, Penelope. Penny for short. As any mom would understand, while we may choose creative and kind words to describe our children, when I say: "free-spirited" I refer to my two-nager who has an opinion of her own. Her wild spirit and confidence are something I often look up to and envy...when I'm not rolling my eyes at her little attitude. I can say that she gets it from my husband. My son, on the other hand, is more cautious. Firstborn syndrome I believe is what people refer it as. I see many of my traits in him. The careful, alert to emotion, looking for assurance is something that I would say describes myself as a child and through most of my adult years. Something I try and work on as I navigate my children through this thing called life. 

My husband Devon and I have been together for over 12 years and married 10 of those years. 
High school sweethearts. I would say we're opposites and that works...for the most part. Some days are easier than others, but food happens to bring us together. 


The purpose of my blog is to connect with other moms and dads who like myself, are merely trying to force feed their kids something other than McDonald's and Lunchables. I'm all about great taste, and with a busy schedule, easy meals are essential. I've learned tips and tricks over the years while trying to navigate a dinner menu that works for the kids but is also satisfying for the adults. Let's face it, we don't want to eat dinosaur chicken nuggets every night; but if it is all that brings peace to the wild things so that the adults can enjoy a meal without having to rewarm it ten times, we find ways to make it work. I find that my kids love seafood. I try and incorporate that at least twice a week because I know they will eat it, I will love it, and it's typically something that cooks quickly. Feel free to pop in anytime as I offer semi-homemade meals that are not only quick to prep but also quick in cooking time. Feel free to leave any tips or tricks that you have learned helps in your house! Us parents need to stick together and uplift each other. As I work to build up my post and connect with you all, I will also add other items that I enjoy such as kids crafts and traveling. I hope that by sharing with you all, it will either help comfort or at least make you laugh as you raise your wild things.

With love, 
Carolina

Join the conversation!

Latest Instagrams

© Food Wright Away. Design by FCD.